COVID Mass Psychosis: Causes and Solutions
Neenah Payne, Guest
“Why Do People Willingly Sacrifice Their Freedom?” by Dr. Joseph Mercola was deleted due to political pressure. It provided a comprehensive explanation of the reasons much of the world has complied with the insanity of the COVID “health” policies which are destroying our freedoms, health, economy, and educational system for a virus that poses little threat. His article linked to the video below.
WHY PEOPLE WILLINGLY GIVE UP THEIR FREEDOMS – MASS FORMATION – PROF. MATTIAS DESMET (video)
Four Conditions For Mass Psychosis
Mattias Desmet, professor of clinical psychology at Ghent University in Belgium, explains in the video the four conditions under which a population willingly sacrifices its freedom. Desmet, who also has a master’s degree in statistics, discovered peculiar anomalies in statistical analyses done during the COVID pandemic which made him realize our global society is starting to enter a “mass formation” state, a type of “collective hypnosis” required for the rise of a totalitarian regime.
The four conditions necessary for mass psychosis (aka “mass formation”) are:
- Social Isolation: The central condition is a lack of societal bonding — social isolation on a mass scale, which is what the lockdowns were all about. We were told that any contact with others, including members of our family, could be a death sentence. Some people have not met with a single person, remaining locked in their homes for over a year, for fear of contagion. But social isolation was a widespread problem even before the pandemic.
- Sense of Meaninglessness: The second condition is that a majority of people experience life as meaningless and purposeless. Desmet cites research showing that half of adults feel their jobs are meaningless, providing no value to either themselves or others.
- Free-Floating Anxiety: Mercola’s article pointed out: “The third condition is widespread free-floating anxiety and free-floating discontent. Free-floating anxiety refers to anxiety that has no apparent or distinct cause. If you’re in the jungle and find yourself chased by a lion, your fear and anxiety have a natural, easily-identified cause — the lion. However, when you are socially disconnected and feel your life has no meaning, a free-floating anxiety can emerge that is not connected to a mental or physical representation of a specific threat. Judging by the popularity of antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs, condition No. 3 was also fulfilled long before the pandemic.”
- Free-Floating Frustration: The article adds: “The fourth condition is free-floating frustration and aggression, which tends to naturally follow the previous three. Here, again, the frustration and aggression have no discernible cause.”
THE MASS PSYCHOSIS OF THE COVAIDS CULT (video)
Menticide is the killing of the mind to drive a nation insane.
Dr. Mercola’s article explained:
“When these four conditions are fulfilled by a large enough portion of society, they are ripe for mass formation hypnosis. All that’s needed now is a story in which the source or cause of the anxiety is identified, while providing a strategy for addressing and neutralizing that cause.
By accepting and participating in whatever that strategy is, people with free-floating anxiety feel equipped, finally, with the means to control their anxiety and avoid panic. They feel like they’re in charge again. Interestingly, when this happens, people also suddenly feel reconnected with others, because they’ve all identified the same nemesis. So, they’re joined together in a heroic struggle against the mental representation of their anxiety. This new-found solidarity also gives their lives new meaning and purpose.
Together, this connection, while based on a false premise, acts to strengthen the psychological disconnect from reality. It explains why so many have bought into a clearly illogical narrative, and why they are willing to participate in the prescribed strategy — ‘even if it’s utterly absurd,’ Desmet says. ‘The reason they buy into the narrative is because it leads to this new social bond,’ he explains. Science, logic and correctness have nothing to do with it.
‘Through the process of mass formation, they switch from the very painful condition of social isolation to the opposite state of maximal connectedness that exists in a crowd. That in and of itself leads up to a sort of mental intoxication, which is the real reason people stick to the narrative, why people are willing to go along with the narrative, even, as we said, it is utterly wrong, and even if they lose everything that is important to them, personally.’
These losses can include their mental and physical health, their homes, livelihoods and material well-being. None of it matters when you’re under the hypnotic spell of mass formation. And this, Desmet says, is one of the most problematic aspects of this psychological phenomenon. Masses of people become self-destructive through their myopic focus.”
The article warned:
“Le Bon’s book, ‘The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind,’ takes a deep-dive into the characteristics of human crowds and how, when gathered in groups, people tend to relinquish conscious deliberation in favor of unconscious crowd action. He warned that if society didn’t take heed and ward off social isolation and the anti-religious idea that life has no purpose, we would end up in a state where mass formation would become the norm. These psychologically damaged people would take over, which is precisely what happened.
A key example is the Nazi regime. Desmet points out that while we typically think of dictatorships arising from the use of brute force and fear, the Nazi regime — and the leadership we’re faced with right now — came into power on the back of this deep psychological phenomenon known as mass formation. People WILLINGLY participated in the Nazi atrocities because of the psychological state society was in, the mass formation phenomenon, not because they feared their leader.”
The article pointed out the key difference between dictatorship and totalitarianism:
“So, it’s important to realize that classical dictatorships and totalitarianism arise from different causes. As a general rule, in a classic dictatorship, the dictator becomes milder and less aggressive once dissident voices, his opposition, are silenced. Once he has seized complete power, he doesn’t need to be aggressive anymore and can resort to other means to maintain control.
In a totalitarian state, the exact opposite occurs. This is crucial for us to understand, because in a totalitarian society, once the opposition is silenced, that’s when the state commits its greatest and cruelest atrocities. An example of this is Stalin’s purification scheme in the 1930s, which led to the death of about 80 million people in a single decade. The mid-30s is also when the Nazi regime began its insane cleansing, which resulted in the Holocaust. Both occurred after the vocal opposition had been quenched.
We’re now at another watershed moment in history, where the opposition to the pandemic madness is being silenced. If we want humanity to survive and not succumb to global totalitarianism, we must keep speaking against it, because when we stop, THAT’S when the real atrocities will begin. In other words, we ain’t seen nothing yet. The worst is still to come — if we fall silent.
Here’s another important point. Totalitarians don’t stop committing atrocities once the opposition is vanquished. It merely expands to new groups. Desmet recounts how Stalin switched from one scapegoat to the next, as he kept running out of groups to blame and had them killed off. Eventually, he ended up murdering half of his Communist Party members, even though most had done nothing wrong and were loyal to him.
That’s something to ponder in our present situation. Right now, ‘anti-vaxxers’ are the opposition the totalitarian regime seeks to destroy. Once there are no more ‘anti-vaxxers,’ say, theoretically, that everyone in the world got the shot, the opposition to be done away with would become some other group. So, if you’re ‘vaccinated’ and up on all your boosters right now and are cheering on the crusade against those who don’t want the shot, know that it’s only a matter of time before it’s your turn to be victimized over something.”
The article discussed the tragic end that awaits all mass formation societies:
“The fate of those who succumb to mass formation and embrace totalitarianism is particularly tragic, in a sense, because of another curious thing that occurs. People under its spell often end up agreeing that they deserve to die and willingly go to their death. This, Desmet says, is what happened with many of Stalin’s party members who were given death sentences for no apparent reason. As noted by Marcus, this is basically menticide, the killing of the mind. The psychological process of menticide so degrades the mental faculties that rational thinking is no longer possible, making you profoundly gullible. In this state, you’ll buy into any narrative without critical thinking.
Mass formation also always ends up creating more of the conditions that allowed it to emerge in the first place. So, in the end, people who are under mass formation hypnosis will feel greater social isolation than ever before, less meaning and purpose in life, and more free-floating anxiety and free-floating aggression than before. Mass formation also erases individuality. The group becomes all-important and the individual inconsequential. Hence being told you, your parents or children deserve or need to die for the betterment of society is acceptable and agreeable.
‘Everyone becomes equally stupid, essentially,’ Desmet says. ‘It doesn’t matter how smart or intelligent they were before. They lose all capacity for critical thinking, they lose all individual characteristics.’
Applied to today, this is shockingly relevant. It helps explain how and why parents are willing to line up their children for an experimental injection that can disable or kill them. ‘Totalitarianism is a monster that ALWAYS devours its own children,’ Desmet says.”
Neil Oliver: ‘The West is firmly in the grip, not of a virus, but of delusional madness’
Three Steps to Break Mass Psychosis and Totalitarianism
Dr. Mercola’s article pointed out:
“There are three groups of people: those who become spellbound and actually believe that the wrong answer is the right one; those who know the answer is wrong, but dare not tell the truth so they agree with what they know to be false; and those who know the answer is wrong and say so.
Typically, only 30% of people in a totalitarian society are actually under the hypnotic spell of mass formation. It seems greater, but they’re actually in a minority. However, there’s typically another 40% that simply go along with the program, even though they’re unconvinced. They don’t want to stick out by going against the prevailing current. The remaining 30% are not hypnotized and want to wake the others up.
A key strategy to break mass formation and prevent totalitarianism is for dissenters to join together as one large group, thereby giving fence-sitters who are not yet fully hypnotized an alternative to going along with the totalitarians. The so-called Ash experiments clearly demonstrated that very few people, only 25%, are willing to go against the crowd, no matter how absurd and obviously wrong the crowd’s opinion is. Two-thirds of people are willing to go along with ‘idiocracy.’”
“ABOUT 30% OF PEOPLE ARE MASS HYPNOTISED” – PROF MATTIAS DESMET (video)
The article discussed the three steps to combat the mass psychosis and totalitarianism:
- Dissidents Must Form One Large Group: “This gives the largest, 40% group — the fence-sitters who only go along with the program because they’re afraid of being ostracized — an alternative social bonding platform. Most of them are likely to join the dissident anti-totalitarian group rather than follow the totalitarian mindset that they don’t fully agree with. At that point, the mass formation is done. The totalitarian state is finished because the neutral fence-sitters, which allowed for mass formation to take root and grow, are now no longer participating in that process. And without mass formation, a totalitarian takeover cannot succeed.”
- Dissidents Must Speak Out Loudly: “Secondly, we must continue to speak out — LOUDLY. Speaking out can help minimize the number of people who get hypnotized. It can also wake some up who already are under the mass formation spell. According to Desmet, speaking out has also been shown to limit the atrocities committed… “It’s the most important thing we can do.” It’s not easy….the totalitarian regime has the benefit of being able to control the narrative through a centralized media.”
- Create Parallel Structures: “A third action item is creating parallel structures. The power of this strategy was demonstrated by Vaclav Havel, a political dissident who eventually became the president of Czechoslovakia. A parallel structure is any kind of business, organization, technology, movement or creative pursuit that fits within a totalitarian society while being morally outside of it. Once enough parallel structures are created, a parallel culture is born that functions as a sanctuary of sanity within the totalitarian world. Havel explains this strategy in his book, ‘The Power of the Powerless.’”
Vaclav Havel: Dissidents and Freedom (video)
The Power of The Powerless
The Power of the Powerless: Citizens Against the State in Central Eastern Europe by Vaclav Havel (1985).
The Power of the Powerless by Vaclav Havel (2018).
The Amazon description says:
“Havel, for a time one of the most famous men in the world, was a Czech playwright, and an opponent of its Soviet-installed Communist system. The Power of the Powerless, was the catalyst and skeleton for much of the subsequent internal opposition to Communism in Central Europe. Written in 1978, Václav Havel’s meditation on political dissent would prove the guiding manifesto for uniting Solidarity movements across the Soviet Union. A portrait of activism in the face of falsehood and intimidation, The Power of the Powerless remains a rousing call against the allure of apathy.”
The book shows the power of living your truth — creating a “parallel structure”.
The Power Of The Powerless (1978) – Vaclav Havel
Totalitarianism and Mass Psychosis
Dr. Mercola’s article pointed out:
“As noted by Desmet, totalitarianism will always self-destruct in the end. The psychological underpinnings are so self-destructive that the system falls apart. That’s the good news. The bad news is a totalitarian system can survive for long periods of time before petering out, and there tend to be few survivors at the end.
That said, Desmet believes this new global totalitarianism is more unstable than regional dictator-led totalitarian systems, so it may self-destruct faster. So, the key is to survive outside the totalitarian system while we wait for it to self-destruct. However, we must still dissent in word and deed, in order to limit the atrocities and mitigate the damage.
Ultimately, as in medicine, preventing totalitarianism is far easier than trying to break free later. To do that, we need to prevent the four root causes of mass formation in society: social isolation, purposelessness, free-floating discontent/anxiety and free-floating frustration/aggression. This will be the task of those who remain once this global totalitarianism experiment fails and falls.”
MASS PSYCHOSIS – How an Entire Population Becomes MENTALLY ILL
To change our government, we must change ourselves — our minds and spirits.
The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind
Neenah Payne writes for Activist Post and Natural Blaze
Like Waking Times on Facebook. Follow Waking Times on Telegram.