Threat of Wifi and EMF the Subject of International Scientist Appeal
Increasing numbers of scientists around the world are producing research data demonstrating the immediate threat posed to human health by saturation coverage of wi-fi, smart meters, and EMF in general. Now those researchers are banding together and getting involved in some vital activism. “The International EMF Scientist Appeal was initially signed by 190 scientists from 39 nations. All of these scientists have published peer-reviewed papers on the biological or health effects of non-ionizing radiation, part of the EMF spectrum that includes Extremely Low Frequency fields (ELF) used for electricity, or Radio Frequency radiation (RFR) used for wireless communications.”
As of July 25, 2016, the Appeal has 221 signatures from 41 nations. Dr Martin Blank, who has over 30 years of EMF research at Columbia University states wi-fi and EMF in general are damaging our cells and killing us prematurely, pleading with the UN to acknowledge the emerging EMF health crisis: “Our children are at risk…The safety limits are much too high. They are not protective.”
On May 11, 2015, the International Electromagnetic Field Scientist Appeal was submitted to the Secretary-General of the UN, the Director-General of the WHO, the Executive Director of the UN Environmental Programme, and UN Member Nations.
At the recent Alzheimer’s and Dementia Summit in July 2016, Professor Olle Johansson made some sobering statements on EMF that should concern everyone – especially parents:
“If you go back to [EMF] impact on brain function, you have all the pieces that you would look for, in for instance Alzheimer’s and dementia. There are studies regarding loss of concentration capacity, loss of short term memory, impacts on cellular function, including cell death in various rodent models…leakage of the so-called blood-brain barrier, connected also to damage and cell death of nerve cells…behavioral impacts… impact on sleep quality…various forms of learning tasks…”
“The [blood-brain barrier] effect was seen after a short exposure, namely a 1-minute mobile phone call – and also at an exposure level that was five thousand times below the official guideline…”
“This is the largest full-scale experiment with mankind, ever, on this planet.”
As a matter of urgency we need to sharply raise awareness of the danger posed by EMF in general but in particular now with the nearly omnipresent “smart” meters, which are positioned for nation-wide rollout in Australia and the US, and doubtless any other country aligned with (read: under the thumb of) the Western military-industrial complex/Rothschild banking cartel. With the smart meters has come the emergence of a relatively new phenomenon: electrohypersensitivity or EHS for short.
Recognition that invisible, tasteless, odorless energy fields can and do adversely affect people – and at levels FAR below the safety guidelines – has provided some small measure of comfort for those severely affected: at least some in the medical community are realizing it’s not “all in their head.” Indeed some people have become so sensitized to EMF since the installation of their smart meter that they can no longer tolerate EMF of ANY kind at all – retreating into the wilderness is literally the only option for some people. This amounts to technocratically-imposed social exile for these people, who were never asked whether or not they like all the myriad broadcasting towers erected in the suburbs around them, and certainly were never warned of the adverse health effects of their smart meter (or cell phone, or cordless home phone, or home wiring, etc.).
For an increasing number of people, the smart meter is the electromagnetic straw that breaks the camel’s back; one too many insults to a biological system already battling high- and low-frequency EM pollution in addition to thousands of environmental chemicals providing their own (often synergistic) stresses. Once that critical threshold is breached and the body can no longer maintain its usual healthy homeostasis, there is little anyone can do to reverse the EHS situation. Near-total (or total) avoidance of EMF is crucial for remaining functional at that point. Case in point: Victoria’s (mandatory) smart meter rollout was a disaster, costing many people their health – some of them being so heavily affected that they can no longer work at their jobs (for some people that could admittedly be a blessing).
The effects of smart meters have thus far been crippling for many, and the situation will worsen as long as the agenda to entirely replace safe analog meters continues unmolested. The government and industry are hand-in-glove on all fronts, blithely promoting the “enhanced efficiency” of digital metering, etc., etc., and completely ignoring and suppressing the rapidly mounting evidence – both clinical and experiential – of biological harm and adverse psycho-social impacts. We’ll address the invasion of privacy, surveillance, technological trespass, potential for hacking, etc., etc., another time.
Dr Magda Havas is a scientist in Australia working in the realm of EMF. She states:
The weight of evidence (as applied in science rather than a court of law) is a highly robust assessment and the weight of evidence clearly indicates that RFR is harmful at levels below international guidelines. There is nothing “unorthodox” about this perspective. Indeed, thousands of scientific papers have been published documenting that RF/MW radiation causes cancer, damages sperm, and contributes to symptoms of electrohypersensitivity at levels well below those deemed to be “safe” in Australia. Mechanisms include–but are not limited to–abnormal calcium flux from cells, increased permeability of the blood brain barrier, increased histamines and cortisol (short-term), increased stress proteins, DNA damage, increased oxidative stress, decreased neurotransmitters, decreased hormones and impaired repair mechanisms.
For the sake of our fragile collective health now, and to prevent the emerging catastrophe from unfolding much farther than need be, we simply MUST recognise that the smart meter agenda represents a national health threat to any country pegged for it and we must talk LOUDLY about it. Educate your friends and family. Educate your ministers. Engage your power company and tell them you will not accept a smart meter, and if they’ve already installed one then insist that they remove the communications chip and send someone to read the meter manually – or face legal action. We know a woman in Victoria, Australia who took this approach successfully. The power company removed the communications chip and now must read the meter in-person instead of through the toxic radio and microwave frequencies. Take Back Your Power and don’t take no for an answer. Spread the love by spreading the knowledge that will help people help themselves. Together we win this.
Below is a resource list of material exposing the dangers of smart meters and EMF in general. Please forward this material to as many people as you can.
About the Author
Brendan D. Murphy – Co-founder of Global Freedom Movement and host of GFM Radio, Brendan D. Murphyis a leading Australian author, researcher, activist, and musician. His acclaimed non-fiction epic The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science & Spirituality – Book 1 is out now! Come and get your mind blown at www.brendandmurphy.net
“What a wonderful job of collating and integrating you have done! Every person in the field of ‘paranormal’ psychology or related topics should have this book as a major reference.” – Dr. Buryl Payne
“A masterpiece…The Grand Illusion is mind-blowing.” – Sol Luckman, author of Potentiate Your DNA.
“You’ve written the best synthesis of modern science and esoteric science that I’ve seen in 40 years of study in that area. Brilliant!” – Michael K. Wade
Please visit – www.globalfreedommovement.org
- Research article by Dr. Carl Blackman showing that frequency modulation (not the carrier wave) is the primary reason for non-thermal biological effects: https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/blackman-modulation-2009.pdf
- Australian study showing health effects of wireless smart meters: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25478801
- Survey of 210 respondents whose health was harmed by smart meters: https://www.mainecoalitiontostopsmartmeters.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Exhibit-10-Smart-Meter-Health-Effects-Report-Survey2.pdf
- 52 Medical Doctors and Researchers respond to industry PR that “smart” meters are safe: https://maisonsaine.ca/sante-et-securite/electrosmog/smart-meters-correcting-gross-misinformation.html
- Red blood cells are affected by microwave radiation from wireless smart meters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4JDEspdx58
- Report warning about Smart Meters by Santa Cruz Public Health Advisor, Poki Namkung, MD:https://emfsafetynetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Health-Risks-Associated-With-SmartMeters.pdf
- UK Department of Health concerned about cancer risks associated with wireless “smart” meters:https://www.clickgreen.org.uk/news/national-news/121825-decc-confirms-talks-with-dept-of-health-over-smart-meter-risks.html
- Graph with 67 studies that show health effects well below government limits and the corresponding effects of smart meters – See the following PDF, as well as the graphic: Ron Powell Smart Meter Report > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Powell-Bioinitiative-Report-Smart-Meters.pdf
- “Our EMF/RFR standards are also based on an outdated assumption that it is only heating (thermal injury) which can do harm. These thermal safety limits do not address low-intensity (non-thermal) effects. The evidence is now overwhelming that limiting exposure to those causing thermal injury alone does not address the much broader array of risks and harm now clearly evident with chronic exposure to low-intensity (non-thermal) effects.” Herbert MR, Sage C. 2013 Autism and EMF? Plausibility of a pathophysiological link Part II. Pathophysiology 2013;20:211–34.
- One of the four central conclusions reached by the Scientific Panel on Electromagnetic Field Health Risks is that low-intensity (non-thermal) bioeffects and adverse health effects are demonstrated at levels significantly below existing exposure standards. Fragopoulou A, Grigoriev Y, Johansson O, Margaritis LH, Morgan L, et al. Scientific panel on electromagnetic field health risks: consensus points, recommendations, and rationales. Rev Environ Health 2010;25:307–17
- “Downstream effects of VGCC activation can generate each of 13 different health effects repeatedly found to be produced by microwave exposure.” Martin L. Pall, Scientific evidence contradicts findings and assumptions of Canadian Safety Panel 6: microwaves act through voltage-gated calcium channel activation to induce biological impacts at non-thermal levels, supporting a paradigm shift for microwave/lower frequency electromagnetic field action, https://electromagnetichealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/reveh-2015.pdf
- “Studies document roles of pulsation in influencing biological responses to microwave exposures, influences that are incompatible with these being produced by heating. ‘Window’ effects occur, where specific intensities of microwave EMF exposure produce higher biological effects than those produced by both lower and higher intensities, observations incompatible with heating effects.” Ibid.
- “Thousands of studies have reported biological effects at intensities well within safety standards, each of which appear to falsify the heating/thermal paradigm,” none of which have been considered by the “experts” who have deemed this technology be placed on/in our homes.
- Wi-fi has been banned from schools in Haifa, the third largest city in Israel, to protect the children from unnecessary and dangerous wi-fi exposure
- Electrohypersensitivity (EHS) is a growing problem and evidently being exacerbated by smart meter rollouts. Sweden recognises this syndrome and offers disability pensions to sufferers.
- Suicides have resulted from cases of EHS; being trapped in a world with no respite from wifi radiation is a cruel form of punishment that eventually overwhelms some people.
- The phenomenon known as “EMF refugees” has resulted from wireless technology, wherein people become so sensitized to wireless microwave radiation that they have to abandon the use of such technology and also move to an area which is not polluted by it. See the film Searching for a Golden Cage
- 2,300 studies by the US Navy showing biological impacts of EMF:Naval Medical Research Institute 2300 Studies on EMF Health Effects > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Naval-Medical-Research-Institute-2300-Studies-on-EMF-Health-Effects.pdf
- Jeromy Johnson TedX Talk: “I wanted to convey that people are indeed being harmed by this technology and that there is adequate science to show how and why this is happening.”Link: https://www.emfanalysis.com/tedx-wireless-wake-up-call/
- Bee Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) can be partially explained by the increased microwave radiation in our environment from wireless technologies the past decade – a new study out of Switzerland: https://www.cellphonetaskforce.org/?page_id=672 If you kill the bee populations off, humans go with them. Are you listening yet?
- Peer reviewed, double-blind studies showing that electro-sensitivity is caused by wireless technologies: https://www.magdahavas.com/microwave-radiation-affects-the-heart-are-the-results-real-or-are-they-duetointerference/ & https://electromagnetichealth.org/electromagnetic-health-blog/cordless-heart/
- American Society of Environmental Medicine warns of health effects from EMF and RF radiation: https://aaemonline.org/emf_rf_position.html
- 2015 study showing 2.4 GHz WiFi decreases sperm function. Researchers conclude that “there should be major concern regarding the exposure to Wi-Fi networks existing in the vicinity of our living places.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4503846/
- Comprehensive German data bank of global EMF research showing biological effects of RF/EMF: https://www.emf-portal.de
- Thousands of studies showing links between EMF pollution and biological effects: https://www.powerwatch.org.uk/science/studies.asp
- Declassified 1976 Defense Intelligence Agency report showing that military personnel exposed to non-thermal microwave radiation experienced “headaches, fatigue, dizziness, irritability, sleeplessness, depression, anxiety, forgetfulness and lack of concentration.” Defense Intelligence Agency 1976 Report on Biological Effects of EMF > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Defense-Intelligence-Agency-1976-Report-on-Biological-Effects-of-EMF.pdf
- 2015 study showing that 2.4 GHz WiFi may be accepted as one of the major risk factors for brain tumors and other neurodegenerative diseases: Effects of 2.4 GHz WiFi on microRNA Brain Tissue > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Effects-of-2.4-GHz-WiFi-on-microRNA-Brain-Tissue.pdf
- Harvard Pediatric Neurologist states dangers of Wi-Fi in classrooms and potential autism link: Harvard Pediatrician EMF Dangers for Children > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Harvard-Pediatrician-EMF-Dangers-for-Children.pdf
- 2015 paper showing that rabbits experience heart arrhythmia and increased blood pressure when exposed with 2.4 GHz WiFi: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1382668915300594
- Long-term study from Swedish scientist Lennart Hardell (published October 2014) on glioma and acoustic neuroma brain tumors showing that RF is carcinogenic. The scientist calls for RF to be labeled an IARC Class 1 Carcinogen (meaningdefinitely carcinogenic to humans) and recommends urgent revision to safety guidelines. https://www.pathophysiologyjournal.com/article/S0928-4680(14)00064-9/fulltext
- Microwave radiation not HEATING us does NOT mean it is not harming us. The science has forced a correction on this now outdated belief.
- Mechanism for non-thermal EMF cellular damage confirmed: EMF Effects via Voltage Gated Calcium Channels Dr Martin Pall, https://electromagnetichealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/reveh-2015.pdf
- 2012 BioInitiative Report – References 1,900 new studies showing biological impacts from non-thermal EMF: https://www.bioinitiative.org/
- 2014 Japanese study showing significant decrease in clinical symptoms of building residents once the cell tower was removed from the location: https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Japanese-Study-2014-Significant-Decrease-of-Clinical-Symptoms-after-Mobile-Phone-Base-Station-Removal.pdf
- World Health Organization and IARC classifies microwave radiation as a “possible carcinogen” – May 31, 2011:https://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf
- Sufficient evidence exists for microwave radiation to be labeled a definite carcinogen (presentation by Dr. Anthony Miller): https://smartgridawareness.org/2013/12/04/rf-fields-possibly-probably-or-definitely-carcinogenic/
- Internal FDA memo from 1993 states that data “strongly suggests” that microwave radiation promotes cancer: https://www.goaegis.com/fda0203.html
- Swisscom admits elevated risk of cancer and genetic damage from Wi-Fi: https://www.safeschool.ca/Swisscom__WiFi_Harms.html
- Ford Motor Companycommissioned a study in 1965 which shows the numerous damaging biological effects of microwave radiation. It notes in particular how damaging microwave radiation is to the central nervous system > https://www.magdahavas.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/German_Ford_Motor_company_The_Effect_of_Microwaves_on_The_Central_Nervous_System.pdf
- 1994 US Air Force study confirming existence of non-thermal EMF effects, including alterations to the central nervous system and cardiovascular system: Air Force Study showing non-thermal effects > https://www.emfanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Air-Force-Study-showing-non-thermal-effects.pdf
This article (Threat of Wifi and EMF the Subject of International Scientist Appeal) was originally published and is copyrighted by Global Freedom Movement and is published here with permission.