Ethan Indigo Smith, Contributor
A Shadow On the Collective Consciousness
It has been a year since my annual nuclear experimentation article. Time flies. My scale of time of course is ignorant. I cannot comprehend the complexity of time unfolding as it does, beyond my limited human imagination, and my ignorance of the ways of time is not unlike your own. And perhaps it is not unlike the ignorance of the nuclear goons of yesteryear, whose shortsighted planning for the nuclear waste ‘storage’ failed to take into account the life of nuclear radiation in human generations much less the millions of years that nuclear waste actually remains deadly.
Some people posit that one generation is roughly twenty years. So, about three generations ago the first nuclear waste was created and then buried, for future generations to deal with.
This month, as we begin Year 71 of the global nuclear experiment, the impermanence of the United States crumbling nuclear infrastructure is becoming blatantly apparent. Several nuclear sites are deteriorating, and there are increasing rates of illness around numerous nuclear sites in the USA and around the world — that we know of. But, as whole regions are suffering worsening nuclear conditions, we can only speculate about the total effect. We can only speculate about what we don’t know, and don’t actively measure.
What we know of nuclear experimentation, and of time for that matter, reminds me of an old joke. Two sailors are looking over the ocean and one says to the other, ‘Gosh that’s a lot of water.’ The other sailor responds, ‘Yea, and that’s just the top of it.’ What we know of nuclear experimentation, I fear, is very much like this joke — what we know is just scratching the surface.
Of course, what the human collective is capable of comprehending about its place in time is also a lot like the silliness of the sailors observing the sea; when it comes to our understanding of space, time and causality — and therefore our effect on future generations — we’re just scratching the surface. When we look further, at a deeper level, life is like an ocean, an ocean of energy the Buddhists call Mara, made up of energy and karma. Some folks wiser than myself noted that karma might happen immediately, what we know as instant karma, and karma also might act like a bullet with infinite potential energy for its velocity, and this energy or bullet might take off out to Saturn before ricocheting back to Earth only to hit the grandchild of the person that fired it. Karma, you just never know.
Radiological contamination from nuclear experimentation is like karma. Nuclear contamination may zap you then and there, or it may come back to get your offspring. This understanding serves as a vital understanding of the nuclear experimentation situation in totality. Eventually the unprecedented environmental devastation we unleash every day the nuclear experiment continues, returns.
- 16th July 2016: Happy anniversary, Military Industrial Complex! Celebrating 71 years of disastrous nuclear experimentation, and 60 million related deaths. http://enenews.com/scientists-120-million-cancers-caused-nuclear-radiation-leading-60-million-deaths-war-crime-greater-magnitude-occurred-recorded-human-history-video
- October 2015: Explosion of who-knows-what at an underground radioactive waste storage site at storage in Nevada.http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/residents-want-answers-about-why-us-ecology-fire-started
- Ongoing: Leaks at Indian Point Nuclear power generation experiment continue to flow into ground, dumping radioactivity into groundwater. http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/06/us/nuclear-facility-ground-contamination-new-york/
- Ongoing: Fukushima ongoing calamity, with further reactor units under threat, and groundwater and local geology threatened, in addition to escalating radiation levels and rising cases of thyroid and other cancers in the region. http://enenews.com/experts-fukushima-ice-wall-could-destroy-reactor-buildings-turn-site-swamp-concern-fractures-ground-movement-subsidence-around-structures-will-stay-frozen-200-year-period-govt-observable-heav and http://enenews.com/reporter-many-experts-believe-fukushimas-melted-fuel-burned-concrete-floors-gone-down-groundwater-one-deeply-3-cores-melted-ground-one-cores-audio
- May 2015: Nuclear waste accident at the WIPP (Waste Isolation Pilot Plant) released up to 592 trillion bequerels of Plutonium into the atmosphere, affecting townships over 30 miles away. The amount of waste released was detected to be over 5,000 times amount of waste contained in the waste drum that was officially blamed for the release. http://enenews.com/govt-analysis-592-trillion-becquerels-involved-release-nuclear-dump-5000-times-waste-drum-being-blamed-wipp-disaster-official-thought-sure-multiple-ruptures-actually-measured-city-many-miles-aw
- 2016: 30 years since the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, Chernobyl is still implementing further layers of radiation containment as other Ukrainian nuclear power generation experiments continue to operate. http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/safety-and-security/safety-of-plants/safety-of-nuclear-power-reactors.aspx
- March 2016: Belgium terrorists planned the biggest terrorist attack in history. The unstable and uncontainable nature of the nuclear reaction means that every large scale nuclear power generation experiment is a potential target, requiring constant attention, guarding and outside sourced electricity to prevent attacks.http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/brussels-attacks-airport-metro-bombings-isis-terror-group-nuclear-power-station-surveillance-footage-a6949821.html
- Ongoing: Radioactive taint from fracking operations suggests that fracking operations are either releasing radioactivity from underground or more likely that fracking fluid, which is made up of secret ingredients, contains radioactive waste… https://www.rt.com/usa/342549-north-dakota-radioactive-fracking/ and http://wakeup-world.com/2015/03/17/revealed-fracking-used-to-inject-nuclear-waste-underground-for-decades/
- May 2016: Another example of crumbling infrastructure, one of the panels designed to absorb neutrons and prevent nuclear fission from occurring in the spent fuel rods stored in the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station’s spent fuel pool in Massachusetts has deteriorated. If left uncontained, the rods could start a fire and release masses of radiation.http://capecodtimes.com/article/20160513/NEWS/160519684
Scientifically speaking, the risk cycle of nuclear power generation cannot be validated as “safe” until waste can be permanently removed, stored and degraded, and potential impacts to human and environmental health entirely mitigated. And we know that, today, that is simply not the case – despite the industry rhetoric. The nuclear experimentation industry is still shrouded in scientific and political secrecy, undermining our liberties and democratic processes and risking our health and our very existence in the process. When it all goes wrong — and history shows us this outcome is inevitable — the environmental destruction both of nuclear accidents and planned detonations is global, and permanent.
Based on its track record it is apparent that the nuclear industry does not have the knowledge to properly assess and mitigate all the risks involved in their experiment — and it is an experiment — nor to safely manage the resulting nuclear waste for even 71 years of the one million years it takes to break down. How can utility companies, industry regulators and nuclear zeolots claim that an appropriate level of control is exercised on wastes that will be dangerously radioactive for tens of thousands of years? In reality, the storage cycle for weaponry and fuel related nuclear waste is only beginning. We have reached year 71 of a million year long process. Our nuclear waste is a problem today, and is a mounting problem for countless generations yet to come.
And that’s just what we know about. With hindsight, it is undeniable that the nuclear industry obfuscates the truth. Spokespersons for GE, the corporation that built the faulty Fukushima reactors, describes nuclear energy as “the cleanest base load power generation system available today”, while news on the actual status of Fukushima (now 5½ years on) is sketchy at best. The operators at Santa Susana laboratories didn’t advise those living downwind of the Santa Susana disaster that there might be something problematic in the air. Major fires went unreported, as did the 1959 meltdown. Only after a similar meltdown at Three Mile Island was the extent of the Santa Susana experiment finally revealed. (Source) And the recent near-miss at Miami never made the 6 o’clock news.
After many years of dedicated research and activism, I have realized that the nuclear experiment is among most important subjects left mostly unconsidered. Not only is the subject matter life-threatening beyond our comprehension, not only is it the result of the very military industrial complex President Eisenhower (the last military President to profoundly understood the military and government) publicly warned us about in 1961 — relegating the nuclear experimentation topic to the fringes of public focus and discussion casts a shadow on the collective consciousness.
But the cover up is so great it exposes itself. Part of the cover up, this grand shadow, is the minimizing of its importance. The discussion of nuclear experimentation has been made taboo, shrouded in false science and corporate agendas. But our unwillingness to confront the nuclear issue with any real seriousness exposes our civilization as being anything but civil. The nuclear experiment requires the light of our attention and care, but institutions of every variation — from the USA to North Korea, from the DOE to fisheries — all have reasons to casts a shadow on the collective consciousness and hinder genuine consideration of the effects of the nuclear experiment. They benefit from our silence and lack of attention to this matter of ultimate importance. And our radioactive karma is causing many of us to look the other way, as juveniles to consequences.
The only way for humanity to embrace truly clean energy systems and overcome the threat of nuclear disaster is to wake up, get informed, and rise up. Let ignorance be the new taboo. Do not allow ostriches to pose as humans, their heads in the sand. As Year 71 of the Nuclear Experiment begins, and its trail of destruction becomes more apparent, we must continue to cast light on the shadows.
About the Author
Activist, author and Tai Chi teacher, Ethan Indigo Smith was born on a farm in Maine and lived in Manhattan for a number of years before migrating west to Mendocino, California. Guided by a keen sense of integrity and humanity, Ethan’s work is both deeply connected and extremely insightful, blending philosophy, politics, activism, spirituality, meditation and a unique sense of humor.
Ethan’s publications include:
- The Geometry of Energy: How to Meditate, explores meditation and meditative energies through the four dimensions of geometry.
- The Complete Patriot’s Guide to Oligarchical Collectivism, an insightful exploration of history, philosophy and contemporary politics.
- Tibetan Fusion a book of simple meditative practices and movements that can help you access and balance your energy.
- The Little Green Book of Revolution an inspirational book based on ideas of peaceful revolution, historical activism and caring for the Earth like Native Americans.
- The Matrix of Four, The Philosophy of the Duality of Polarity on the subject of the development of individual consciousness.
- 108 Steps to Be in The Zone a set of 108 meditative practices and steps toward self discovery and individual betterment, including techniques to develop balance, transmute sexual energy and better the self.
- Terra-ist Letters, a controversial work that humorously contrasts the very serious issues of global nuclear experimentation promotion and global marijuana prohibition.
For more information, visit Ethan on Facebook.
This article (Nuclear Experimentation Year 71: A Shadow On the Collective Consciousness) was also published by Wake Up World. It may be re-posted freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this copyright statement. Please contact WakingTimes@gmail.com for more info.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of WakingTimes or its staff.
~~ Help Waking Times to raise the vibration by sharing this article with friends and family…