Ethan Indigo Smith, Contributor
Human history is the story of individuals and institutions. Your ignorance is their strength. And today we are at the crossroads.
Arguably all of the world’s most extreme problems stem from information and its lacking. Today there is a matrix formed at these crossroads, a figurative fork in the road where our story can be altered, where the direction will be chosen; we can submit to the information overlords or we can share information for all so that the entire globe can move forward.
“Two dangerous runaway processes have taken root in the last decade, with fatal consequences for democracy; Government secrecy has been expanding on a terrific scale. Simultaneously, human privacy has been secretly eradicated.” ~ Julian Asange
We can allow institutions to control information or we can open up and share information for all. Information is restricted from individuals and held by institutions so as to steer our thinking. Institutions seek to control information so as to control the direction of the population. The reason we all think the way we do is because of what we know and what we believe we know.
For instance if the majority of individuals knew the detriment of war and nuclear experimentation, no one would allow mad scientists and evil-doers to perpetuate such ruinous turmoil. If the majority knew about the total environmental destruction that is taking place we would act to make a change. And yet information on relevant situations that directly affect us all is restricted so that we are steered to think a certain way or not think at all about certain things.
Access to relevant information is being restricted by institutions.
Alternatively institutions are compiling mostly irrelevant information on individuals. As the government and corporate oligarchical collectives of the world restrict information on their activities and the world’s actualities, they are compiling information on individual activities. This information is basically useless and arbitrary information, or would be, if it weren’t for the impetus to control everyone and everyone’s thinking. Relevant information should be open to all and personal/irrelevant information should be irrelevant to institutions.
We all make our decisions on information. All people of the world have an unwritten right to information. Controlling institutions should not have access to information that individuals do not have. The divine right of institutions should be eliminated, beginning with and perhaps dependent on the open exchange of information.
“Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance.
Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process.” ~ Barack Obama (source)
About the Author
Activist, author and Tai Chi teacher Ethan Indigo Smith was born on a farm in Maine and lived in Manhattan for a number of years before migrating west to Mendocino, California. Guided by a keen sense of integrity and humanity, Ethan’s work is both deeply connected and extremely insightful, blending philosophy, politics, activism, spirituality, meditation and a unique sense of humour.
Ethan’s publications include:
- The Geometry of Energy: How to Meditate, explores meditation and meditative energies through the four dimensions of geometry.
- The Complete Patriot’s Guide to Oligarchical Collectivism, an insightful exploration of history, philosophy and contemporary politics.
- Tibetan Fusion a book of simple meditative practices and movements that can help you access and balance your energy.
- The Little Green Book of Revolution an inspirational book based on ideas of peaceful revolution, historical activism and caring for the Earth like Native Americans.
- The Matrix of Four, The Philosophy of the Duality of Polarity on the subject of the development of individual consciousness.
- 108 Steps to Be in The Zone a set of 108 meditative practices and steps toward self discovery and individual betterment, including techniques to develop balance, transmute sexual energy and better the self.
- Terra-ist Letters, a controversial work that humorously contrasts the very serious issues of global nuclear experimentation promotion and global marijuana prohibition.
For more information, visit Ethan on Facebook.
**This article was originally featured at Wake Up World and re-posted here with permission.**
~~ Help Waking Times to raise the vibration by sharing this article with friends and family…