Top 10 Energy Nutrients Missing from the American Diet
The average American eats out a shocking 4.8 times per week, and this can lead to a lot of issues with nutrition. After all, the typical fast food or restaurant meal has a large amount of calories and fat, but it does not necessarily offer a healthy mixture of essential nutrients. In fact, approximately 10 percent of the nation has some type of nutrition deficiency, and this can cause a long list of complications. Fortunately, you can avoid these problems with a balanced diet that includes several servings of vegetables per day.
1. Vitamin B6 – According to the CDC, 10.5 percent of the country does not get enough vitamin B6 in their diet, and this can be especially problematic for infants. Chronic inflammation has been linked to a vitamin B6 deficiency. Getting approximately 500 mg can keep inflammation issues at bay, and it will also help your body properly metabolize protein.
2. Iron – The CDC’s nutritional report indicates that 9.5 percent of women do not get enough iron. This nutrient enables the body to produce hemoglobin. A lack of iron makes it easy to develop anemia, and this leads to health issues such as extreme fatigue, shortness of breath, headaches, restless leg syndrome, anxiety and hair loss.
3. Vitamin D – Individuals with a vitamin D deficiency might experience muscle weakness and bone pain, and they will also be at a greater risk for developing cognitive impairment, cancer, cardiovascular disease and asthma.
4. Vitamin C – You could end up suffering from scurvy without enough vitamin C in your diet. This medical condition is characterized by muscle and joint pain, spontaneous bleeding and easy bruising. Vitamin C is essential for keeping your immune system strong, and it can help ward off cancer.
5. Vitamin B12 – This nutrient helps with the creation of red blood cells and DNA. If you do not have enough B12 in your diet, you could experience pale skin, weakness, a sore tongue, unexplained weight loss, diarrhea, rapid heartbeat and easy bleeding.
6. Vitamin A – Your eyesight, tissue growth and immune system are all impacted by absorbing the proper amount of vitamin A. Per the World Health Organization, a vitamin A deficiency is the leading cause of all preventable cases of blindness. Other problems associated with a lack of vitamin A include chronic respiratory infections and dry skin. Nu Skin heavily uses vitamin A in their skin products because they know it heals the skin.
7. Vitamin E – Vitamin E is one of the strongest antioxidants, and it is believed to minimize the cell damage that can lead to cancer. If you fail to get enough vitamin E on a regular basis, you could end up developing neurological problems, muscle weakness, chronic liver disease, anemia, hair loss, gastrointestinal issues and a diminished sex drive.
8. Folic Acid – Folic acid, also known as folate, is part of the B vitamin family. This nutrient helps produce red blood cells, and it is also critical for making and repairing DNA. A lack of folic acid can cause anemia to develop very quickly. Other problems associated with a folic acid deficiency include mouth sores, gray hair, irritability, tongue swelling and persistent fatigue.
9. Calcium – Your body needs at least 1,000 mg of calcium per day for bone health, and recent studiesalso indicate that this nutrient is important for your arteries and heart. People who fail to get enough calcium daily could suffer from depression, memory loss, tingling and numbness in their extremities, hallucinations and muscle spasms.
10. Fiber – A diet that is rich in fiber leads to proper digestion, and it is beneficial at maintaining a healthy weight and warding off type 2 diabetes and heart disease. If your fiber intake is too low, you are likely to deal with constipation, bloating, excessive gas and hemorrhoids. A lack of fiber can also potentially cause colon cancer and diverticular disease.
If you notice that you’re deficient in these vitamins, be sure to get them by eating healthier foods, such as organic food or home grown food. Buying fortified vitamins will work, but the body absorbs vitamins directly from whole foods more efficiently. All these 10 vitamins have one common benefit, the ability to boost your energy naturally. By consuming more of these vitamins, you will notice an increase in energy level.
~~ Help Waking Times to raise the vibration by sharing this article with friends and family…