Chronic Acidosis: A Precursor To Cancer
The Health Coach, Contributing Writer
How to avoid, or reverse quickly and easily
If there is one health imbalance which is common to many medical conditions, it is Chronic acidosis. So pervasive is this under-the-radar health problem, yet many have never even heard of it, though they suffer its consequences for years or decades.
Simply put, Chronic acidosis is a systemic condition of the body which slowly emerges over time due to improper eating, especially when there is a sustained level of stress in one’s life that is not managed in a healthy way. There are other co-factors, but a substandard and incompatible diet is by far the primary physical cause when coupled with habitual maladaptive stress responses to the pressures of life.
Your food can be your best medicine or worst toxin
All foods and beverages can be divided into three categories: those that are acidifying; those which are alkalizing and those which have a neutral effect on the body’s PH.
Please click on the chart to enlarge.
If your regular diet is high in the following acidifying foods, then there will be a much greater tendency for the body to move into a chronic condition known as acidosis. Each of these foods will contribute to an acidic state because of how they are digested and metabolized in vivo (in the body during digestion).
The foods which are the most acidifying are as follows:
• Bacon, sausage, ham and corned beef
• Chicken, turkey, red meat, shellfish, seafood, lamb, organ meats, pork and game meats
• Milk, yogurt, cream cheese, cottage cheese, butter, ice cream and hard cheese
• White bread, white rice, pasta, biscuits, bagels, doughnuts, pastries and crackers.
• Beer, wine, hard liquor, spirits and scotch
• Soda, coffee, black tea and cocoa
• Currants, blueberries, cranberries, canned fruits and glazed fruits
• Pecans, walnuts, peanuts, cashews and pistachios
• Corn oil, canola oil, margarine, and lard; olive oil, sesame oil, safflower oil are more healthy alternatives
• Corn, lentils, winter squash and olives
• In general, processed junk food is very acidifying
• Food that is alkalizing can have an acidifying effect in the body if one is allergic to it
• Food that is old, stale, burnt, moldy, as well as produce that is limp and not fresh
There are other foods which are acidifying but this is a good start for those who need to be on the lookout.
What follows is a list of foods which is alkalizing:
• Spinach, kale, broccoli, chard, collard, dandelion and mustard greens
• Parsley, watercress, asparagus and endive
• Lima beans, green peas and white beans
• Radishes, beets and carrots
• Wheat, alfalfa and barley
• Oatmeal, brown basmati rice and millet
• Sunflower sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, soy sprouts and mung bean sprouts
• Lemons, limes, oranges and tangerines
• Watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew melon
• Papaya, mango, guava, kiwi, passion fruit and pineapple
• Sweet grapes, nectarines, persimmon and pears
• Dried fruits, including raisins, dates and figs
Again, this list of foods which assists in alkalizing the body is by no means exhaustive, but it does provide a great start for anyone looking to make the shift in body PH.
*Please be aware that there are numerous Acid/Alkaline Lists published on the internet. They are by and large the same, although some do depart in some food groups. We have compiled both of these lists from the Livestrong.com website and have found it to be consistent with our understanding.
There are subtleties involved with this type of acid-base body chemistry which many health commentators either ignore or are unaware of. Things like the fact that lemons are very alkalizing although they would seem to be highly acidic. When ingested, they serve to alkalize the body with unusual potency, and are also quite effective at detoxifying the liver.
What are some other risk factors associated with Chronic acidosis (CA)?
Any lifestyle practice or environmental exposure which contributes to acidifying the body chemistry should be looked at very closely for anyone suffering from CA. Remember, it is the acidic effect in the body which matters the most. The body’s biochemistry can be altered in many ways which we shall see, so it is the final product which ought to be carefully considered. These other CA co-factors include the following:
(1) Pharmaceutical drugs – all drug medications seem to have an acidifying effect, many greatly so
(2) Recreational drugs – nicotine, marijuana, hashish, LSD, designer drugs
(3) Nutraceutical supplements when taken to excess or incorrectly self prescribed
(4) Lack of exercise and too much exercise
(5) Lack of proper sleep – especially non-compliance with “Early to bed, early to rise.”
(6) Exposure to environmental toxicities – from food, water, air
(7) Synthetic clothing which adversely affects the skin’s capacity to ‘breathe’
(8) Too much sun as in sunburn
(9) Too much exposure to fluoridated and chlorinated water both by drinking and showering
(10) This list is by no means comprehensive, so everyone is encouraged to assess their home, work and automobile environments with care.
There are many other co-factors which cause the body chemistry to acidify such as predominant emotional and mental states. For instance, an individual in the state of constant high anxiety will create the internal conditions for an acidic condition to take hold. Likewise, one who goes from home rage to road rage, and gets angry at the drop of a hat will experience even the most alkaline food turning into acid in their stomach. This is one very good reason never to eat when you’re in a fit of anger. It’s always better to let the strong emotions pass, for your body’s sake.
Now we come to the title of this session: Chronic Acidosis: A Precursor To Cancer
The truth be told, Chronic acidosis is a precursor to countless diseases and ailments. Not only that, but many other diseases and illness will directly contribute to Chronic acidosis, if not addressed in an effective and steadfast manner. This ‘symbiotic relationship’ is similar to a feedback loop whereby both the CA and the disease mutually reinforce each other causing a downward spiral, much like we see in a Stage IV cancer or AIDS patient. It is well known that every cancer patient must efficiently process the acidic effects of the cancer itself, as well as all the acidifying chemotherapy, radiation treatments, lack of exercise, emotional depression, malaise and lethargy associated with being bed-ridden, etc.
These obstacles can all be overcome by one who is aware of how to meet each challenge head on. For example, John Gunther in his book DEATH BE NOT PROUD outlines a potent dietary regimen that anyone can engage with a little support. The Gerson Institute has established an excellent set of protocols that includes regular coffee enemas which can be particularly effective. Various schools of yoga teach meditation, hatha yoga, pranayama, chanting practices and contemplation techniques which address the mental and emotional components of cancer as well as other serious diseases like AIDS.
The viral components of cancer love sugar and white wheat and other food ingredients which create the highly acidic environment in which it thrives. Deprive the cancer cells of this necessary fuel and you can starve them into extinction. It really is often that simple. Of course, when one combines the most appropriate diet with all the other recommended lifestyle changes, you do put the odds in your favor in such a way that will greatly increase the likelihood of remssion with no recurrence. Especially when a wholesome healthstyle or wellness program is adhered to for the rest of the lifetime, cancer and every other disease will unlikely find a home in your body.
The recommended alkaline diet can certainly move away from such a strict set of prohibitions, but the more one sticks with a balanced, alkalizing diet, the better they will feel and thrive.
There is a flip side to this story which ought to be acknowledged. The body can also be too alkaline which can actually cause a medical condition known as alkalosis. Most never have to worry about such a predicament; however, we are compelled to issue the follow caveat regarding water ionizers and alkalizers.
The following article takes up this health issue for those who are unaware, yet vulnerable to the numerous sales pitches coming from the MLM industry.
Water Alkalizers & Ionizers: Is It Healthy To Drink Only Alkaline Water?
May you enjoy great health,
The Health Coach
*Regarding #7 on this list, we would counsel not to drink too much water since doing so will greatly dilute stomach acids and digestive enzymes, thereby causing an unwanted acidification effect in the GI tract. Please read the following for further guidance:
Ongoing Health Disaster: 8 Glasses Of Water Per Day
All content found at The Health Coach and Waking Times is for information purposes only. Therefore, the information on this website is not a substitute for professional medical care and should not be construed as either medical diagnosis or treatment. All recommendations contained herein ought to be considered within the context of an individual’s overall level of voluntary or necessary health care and prescribed treatment plan.
Since The Health Coach and Waking Times do not diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure, or heal any type of disease or medical condition, the information contained at this website is not intended to provide specific physical, mental, emotional or psychological health advice. We are not licensed medical professionals and conduct ourselves in a manner consistent with those who offer information for the consideration of the reader.
It is entirely the reader’s decision to act or not act on any information at The Health Coach and Waking Times. Therefore, we fully invoke the HOLD HARMLESS clause for those who are responsible for putting any of this information into practical use and application.
©2012 The Health Coach1®. All rights reserved
Permission is granted to post this health blog as long as it is linked back to the following url: http://thehealthcoach1.com/?p=2778
This article is offered under Creative Commons license. It’s okay to republish it anywhere as long as attribution bio is included and all links remain intact.
~~ Help Waking Times to raise the vibration by sharing this article with the buttons below…