Are you the type of person that starts the day with a smile? Have you always wanted to be like that person who always seems to be in a good mood? Knowing how the brain works biologically can help you understand why it is so hard to change feelings of depression, sadness, or anything other than joy.
Lost in translation
Many people have been struggling with positivity their whole lives. As negative emotions arise, they know that these emotions must be transmitted to joy in order to raise their vibration, but sometimes the struggle seems almost impossible. The law of attraction states that what you think you will create. A deeper understanding of why this law works lies in the chemistry of the brain and how your heart and brain interact with each other.
The heart and the brain send signals to each other all of the time. One misnomer is that the brain runs the show, but the truth is that the heart is the epicenter of creation. While voluntary muscles get signals from the brain, the heart, which is an involuntary muscle actually runs the show from behind the curtain.
Your heart generates neuropeptides which are small protein-like molecules (peptides) used by neurons to communicate with each other. These neuropeptides are the food that your brain uses to create your reality and this creates an emotion or energy that reflects the state of being of these neuropeptides. All emotions produce a physical feeling in your body that originate from the neuropeptides that have been pumped into your bloodstream from your heart. Your heart tells your brain how to react and what to do.
The brain cells have receptors that are created to assimilate the food (neuropeptides) they receive. These receptors are formed to accept that food and are used to that kind of food. You are therefore used to those kinds of emotions created by that kind of food.
Every second millions of brain cells die off and new ones are birthed. If you change the type of food that feeds your brain, your brain can create new transmitters that fit the new food. As old neurotransmitters die off in new transmitters are created, it gets addicted to the new transmitters which can create positive feelings.
Push the “easy button” to help get through the hardest times of transmutation
These simple brain tricks can help you stay out of the highs and lows and move towards a more balanced flow:
- Meditate. You will find this at the top of any Spiritual how to list. There is no substitute for going within the heart center on the spiritual path.
- Fall in love. Being in love is the best way to be in joy.
- Listen to uplifting music. Anything that makes you feel good inside is acceptable, no matter what other people think.
- Laugh. Get together with positive friends and have a good time, or even watch a sitcom that makes you laugh out loud. Every now and then, TV can be used as a tool. Watch a hilariously funny movie and enjoy some organic popcorn.
- Smile. Try turning the edges of your mouth up right now and see if you can feel the energy that runs through your body. Try smiling at everyone you run across the grocery store and see if you can help spread this feeling to someone else. That in itself makes you feel good inside.
- Dance. Dancing gets your endorphins moving like nothing else. Dance like no one is watching.
- Sunlight. Our sun is the fuel we need to dissolve negativity. If you live in a place that gets little sun, imagine being in the sun or take a vacation to a sunny place.
- Reminders. Place sticky notes by your bed so that when you wake up you will remind yourself of your goals. Put them in your workspace and in the kitchen and on the bathroom mirror. They can say whatever you want but a good place to start is “I am happy, I am healthy, and I am free”.
At first if you don’t succeed, try, try again
If you fall off the horse, it is wise to get back on. It will take practice to erase years of programming. Eventually you will notice that you feel a little lighter and even if you fall back into pattern of negativity, awareness is all it takes to change it back the other direction.
This process is very important to the time that we live in today, while we are transmuting emotions that are patterns of past, future, and present lives steeped in karma. 2013 was a huge year of karma clearing and creating room in the heart space to integrate more of our light. Whatever we did not take care of in 2013 flowed over to right now. The hardest thing to do is to stay positive during this process, but we can all look forward to 2014- the year of joy.
Raising your vibration takes work and is something that will manifest joy. Now is the time to rise above all that is happening in our world. Whether you view things as the observer or as the activist you can learn how to do it in joy. Joy can be found within the heart center and until you experience this naturally, you can fall back on tricking your brain to get a shortcut to where you need to be.
This article is offered under Creative Commons license. It’s okay to republish it anywhere as long as attribution bio is included and all links remain intact.
~~ Help Waking Times to raise the vibration by sharing this article with the buttons below…