25 Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar

February 18, 2013 | By | 16 Replies More

Amber HigginsGuest Writer

Apple Cider Vinegar should be a staple in every home. It has a wide variety of uses and you can’t beat it as far as low price for health care! ACV is anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial.

To aid internal health make this:

• 2 Tbsp ACV
  • 2 Tbsp Raw Honey/Raw Organic Maple Syrup
  • 1 Cup Purified Water

(Drink 1-2x’s a day for two weeks on, two weeks off. Then maintain by drinking 3-4x’s a week thereafter. This is just what I recommend because I’m a believer in too much of anything isn’t usually the best).

1. Prevents flu and stomach illness
  14. Lowers blood pressure
  15. Lowers cholesterol
  16. Kills cancer cells or slow their growth
  17. Reduces inflammation, relieve arthritis

To aid external health:
Mix 50/50 ACV and water
Appropriately apply with cotton ball, soak, or spray on affected area

18. Gets rid of buildup on scalp
19. Conditions hair and detangles
20. Gets rid of fingernail or toenail fungus
21. Works well to clear up fungal, bacterial, viral rashes
22. Soothes bug bites
23. Gets rid of warts (put ACV on cotton ball, cover with Band-Aid, leave on over night for 1 week)
24. Balances pH in vagina, relieves yeast infection (douche with 1 tsp of ACV mixed with 2 cups water) Must rebalance good bacteria
25. Helps reduce/prevent acne (don’t get in eye)

Drinking this recipe is a little like drinking beer or coffee for the first time. It’s an acquired taste. I love it now and enjoy it just as I would a cup of herbal tea. Applying ACV topically on infected areas can burn so be careful if you use on children, but don’t be scared to try it if diluted properly.

There are many more uses for Apple Cider Vinegar including pet care, garden care, bathroom, kitchen, and laundry care, and even automotive care! Get yourself a bottle or two or three so you always have it on hand. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent band, it is raw organic ACV which sweet mother earth provides. Cheap Health and Happiness ♥

Amber Higgins is the author of the blog Mama’a Worldview Blogspot, where this article originally appeared.

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: All Original Articles, Body, Contributors, Guest Writers, Healthcare, Natural Health, Resources, Self, Society, Uncategorized, Waking Times

1. abinico warez says:

“Helps relieve heart burn or chronic acid reflux” well, not really true. IT CURES IT! I has real bad chronic acid relux, real real bad. Learned about ACV and drank about 1/4 bottle. Cured. That was about 5 years ago; no problems since.

2. Vanessa says:

I was just wondering if it would cure psoriasis

• Kelly says:

Hi Vanessa, unfortunately ACV will not cure your psoriasis. Seeking advise from a naturopath or skin specialist can give you more options. Eating for your blood type can also help in the fight against curing psoriasis. My husband suffers from the dreaded condition and has tried just about everything, and we have found that eating to your blood type and taking inner health plus (to balance your stomach) is the most effective treatment so far.

3. david huting says:

The enzymes in ACV are called “mother” for a good reason. They cure everything! I wonder how long until the FDA tries to ban it lol

4. viola woolcott says:

I have tried ‘drinking’ it and I couldn’t stand it. So I listened to my body (as I normally do). My body doesn’t like it, right. BUT YES, ACV is perfect for all of the above and more. A MUST in every kitchen.

5. Esther says:

CAN IT CURE GASTRITIS?

6. Vickie says:

I think ACV is great! I have used it for at least 5 months everyday. In a bottle of water maybe about 2 tablespoons with a little honey added every night . I did not get sinus infection through all that time. In which I always got one every 2 months. Also think it keeps my weight down and my blood pressure.

7. Jen says:

Also works for SHINGLES! I mixed acv with pure coconut oil, vitamin E, and cayenne pepper to make a paste and applied to my shingles on my face and it not only stopped it from spreading but complexly cured it within 5 days. I applied the paste twice a day and I also applied straight ACV to the lesions a couple times a day as well.

8. Amber says:

Please take this article down as it was written by me in February of 2012. This is a copyright issue. This is original article that you stole from me.

• Laurie says:

It does show you as the author. I would think you’d be happy for the additional exposure…. It pointed me to your website, which I had never seen before.

9. When I initially commented I appear to have clicked the
    -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from
    now on each time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment.

Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!

10. Scooter says:

What is a serving size for this recipe?

2 Tbsp ACV
    2 Tbsp Raw Honey/Raw Organic Maple Syrup
    1 Cup Purified Water

11. Helen Busch says:

I didn’t read everything, apple cider vinegar is good to get rid of fruit flies. Take a small glass bowl, put in 1-2″ of cider vinegar and cover it tightly with plastic wrap, put a few holes in the wrap with a tooth pick. I have no idea what’s in the vinegar, but the flies will flock to it. This year there seems to be an epidemic of fruit flies.
    These list and variations of them have been around for 200 years. Our ancestors depended on it for health/healing benefits.

12. Maria says:

I have used ACV for many years. For more than 30 years I have been getting a type of shingles on my butt. I treat it with pure cider vinegar on a cotton ball. It quickly relieves the stinging and itch. I think it might be a symptom of CFS from which I have suffered for 39 years.

Link Found Between Food Allergies and Farm Antibiotics

Link Found Between Food Allergies and Farm Antibiotics

Food allergies affect an estimated 15 million Americans, including one in 13 children. Statistics indicate something strange is afoot, as food allergies in children rose by 50 percent between 1997 and 2011 alone.

Similarly, in Great Britain one in three people are allergic to something, be … More

September 18, 2014 | By | Reply More
Drop Out and Simplify Your Life

Drop Out and Simplify Your Life

I was thinking about this very subject and sat down to put some notes together when I stopped to moderate comments on the site. And here was this synchronistic and very wise comment from Soliel:

Despite all the fear-mongering out there, many have remained … More

September 17, 2014 | By | 1 Reply More
Coconut Water is One of the Greatest Nutritional from Nature

Coconut Water is One of the Greatest Nutritional from Nature

Karen Foster, Prevent Disease

The first documented use of coconut water dates back just a few centuries, however it’s safe to assume humans have been enjoying this supreme hydrator as long as we’ve been around coconut palms. Here’s why young coconut water has one of the highest sources … More

September 17, 2014 | By | 2 Replies More
How Monsanto and Big-Ag are Fighting Back Against Anti-GMO Activism

How Monsanto and Big-Ag are Fighting Back Against Anti-GMO Activism

Between 2012 and mid-2014, Monsanto and the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) successfully blocked GMO labeling legislation in over 30 states, at a price tag of more than $100 million.

These funds were received from the 300+ members of the GMA, which include chemical/pesticide, GE seed, and … More

September 16, 2014 | By | Reply More
A Letter To My Siblings

A Letter To My Siblings

A note from Zen: An answer to a question from awakening siblings about how have I kept up with world and American events being outside the US so many years. This is part of a discussion on world topics that we’ve been debating including More

September 13, 2014 | By | 5 Replies More

7 Ways Cannabis Legalization Has Already Benefited Colorado

7 Ways Cannabis Legalization Has Already Benefited Colorado

Jeff Roberts, Collective-Evolution

January 1st 2014 saw the opening of the very first cannabis shop in Colorado as the cultivation, manufacture and sale of the controversial plant became fully legalized. Since then, the state has seen a lot of promising results.

Laura Pegram of Drugpolicy.org wrote in her … More

September 16, 2014 | By | Reply More
Sweden Recycling 99 Percent Of Garbage, Edging Closer To Zero-Waste

Sweden Recycling 99 Percent Of Garbage, Edging Closer To Zero-Waste

April McCarthy, Prevent Disease

There’s a revolution happening in Sweden right now. Dubbed the “recycling revolution,” the Scandinavian country now recycles 99 percent of their garbage, edging closer to a zero-waste lifestyle, nationwide.

Wouldn’t it be great if no household waste was wasted? If each and every item … More

September 4, 2014 | By | 6 Replies More
Food as Medicine: How One Hospital Is Using Organic Produce to Help Heal Patients

Coach Mark Smallwood, EcoWatch

In 431 B.C. Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

More than 2500 years later, we are inundated with advertisements boasting the latest, greatest cure-all super drug. From a young age, we learn that it doesn’t matter how or … More

August 23, 2014 | By | 4 Replies More
As Keystone XL Dominoes Fall, Time to Arrest Tar Sands Industry

As Keystone XL Dominoes Fall, Time to Arrest Tar Sands Industry

, EcoWatch

We’ve got this.

Thanks to the courageous and indefatigable efforts of pipeline fighters everywhere, the tide has finally turned on Keystone XL. As it becomes increasingly clear that Keystone XL’s northern leg is not going through, it is time to set our sights … More

August 4, 2014 | By | 2 Replies More
Seizing Control of Our Destinies

Seizing Control of Our Destinies

Julian Rose, Contributor

In 1381, at a time of great repression for the British agricultural work force, an extraordinary people’s revolutionary named Wat Tyler sprang to his feet and announced, “England should be a nation of self governing communities,” to which he added, “ No lord shall exercise … More

July 28, 2014 | By | 5 Replies More