How Far Does Your ‘Circle of Influence’ Reach?

January 18, 2013 | By | 35 Replies More

Linda George, Contributing Writer

My other half tells me I spend far too much time reading, thinking, worrying, about the state of the world and the insanity that goes on.  He says I should, rather, focus on my ‘circle of influence’ – by which he means my friends, family and local community and doing ‘practical’ things to be of service to my fellow man.

I get where he is coming from – and perhaps he is right. But I’m a big picture person. I can’t help it – I have a Pisces Sun and Sagittarius Moon.  Once at a cocktail party I was criticising (and rightly so) the local city council.  The lovely man I was talking to asked if I had considered standing for council. Before I’d thought of the words, they flew out my mouth – I said: ‘I have a cosmic perspective, not a civic one.’   I’d be bored out of my tree, was what I thought. And furthermore, I couldn’t stand the minutiae of local body politics.  (I sat through enough council meetings when I was journalist). Anyway – we live in a pluralistic universe and there is a place for all – mine just isn’t Wellington City Council. But getting back to ‘my circle of influence’…… I’m wondering, how do we ever know how far that circle reaches?  I mean, with the internet, our words can now be instantly read by people in every corner of the globe. How can we know what impact they may have? Signing petitions online is simple enough –  an easily taken yet potentially powerful action. I believe our circles can reach as far, no further, than the planet we live on. The thoughts we think, the words we say (or write), the things we do, are vibratory energy. We are a walking package of frequencies; we are an energetic information field.  When an information or frequency field comes in contact with another field – both are changed. This is the blood and bones of astrology – fields interacting and creating change, movement, evolution.

I sometimes feel my partner is right – I do spend a lot of time ‘informing myself’. Which usually means, reading negative stuff.  Hell, let’s face it – much of what is happening out there is pretty negative. I find it boringly predictable, most people’s response to ‘the state of things’ (I’ll call it).  The majority of people really just don’t want to know. To be confronted with the truth about our government, our leaders, the medical profession, the general state of things – creates cognitive dissonance: what! You mean our government doesn’t actually care about our wellbeing!? – it would even kill people??!!  No! couldn’t be.  It’s a little disturbing this truth stuff. Far easier not to go there.  Yet, how many babies are being thrown out with that bathwater? There is so much information available now – that is positive, that is empoweringAnd empowerment, surely, is the name of the game. There are vast oceans of information on everything and anything we can imagine. Now, as never before, we have access to the infinitely multi-faceted aspects of our humanity. We can plug into the ‘wisdom of the web’ – that is, the web we all exist within, at the click of a button. Okay, yes there is a lot of crap there too – but no one is making you log onto facebook.

I think these people who reject the (to us) obvious truth, of  a cabal that controls affairs on this planet, are secret believers in their own lack of power. And there is safety in that little comfort zone. It’s easier. It’s simpler. When people like me speak out about it, in a bid to wake others up to what is going on in the shadows, we are often dismissed, or worse, condemned. I’ve spent years writing to our regional council here, about its decision to fluoridate our water.  (My circle of influence surely)?  Now, the chairwoman of  the regional council will neither read nor respond to my pleas  to simply  look at the literature!    Really, I despair.  This woman has had cancer herself, you’d think she’d be more open to the subject of toxicity.  But no.  She prefers (it’s easier) to accept the recommendation of our sinister ministry of health (ministry of sickness more like) – which also endorses and pushes the Gardasil vaccine – yes the one that’s been found to be contaminated and is killing young women all over the world. Where is the empowerment there? Said chairwoman is abdicating it entirely – and she holds a powerful position – in the ‘state of things’ pecking order at least. Yet, slowly but surely, the anti-fluoride movement here in New Zealand is looking to be gaining some ground. Who knows what impact my emails to the councillors may have had? We have to carry on, regardless. We have to believe that our vibratory energy – contained in our thoughts and conveyed through our words – is resonating, or will at some point, with a compatible field – and that change will eventually be made.

Ultimately we have to believe in our own power. And when outside authorities are immovable, ignorant and uninformed we need to remind ourselves that everything happens first, on the invisible, unmanifest level.  This is where our energetic frequency, our personal vibration, hides out.  As we strengthen our frequency through spiritual practices,  knowledge gathering (truth seeking), spending time alone, being with nature, eating a largely unprocessed diet , drinking pure water, avoiding emf’s as much as possible, and enjoying and making the time for what we know makes us feel good – we enhance our personal power. And this has influence. It is an influence we cannot always see or know.  As our frequency resonates higher and faster, our influence grows – but it is always working on the invisible level. Some people, those we deem to have gravitas, or charisma, are those with strong fields. We seek out people with strong vibratory fields because we sense we have something to learn from them. Whether they use their power for good, or otherwise, is another matter. We are always attracted however, to those who resonate with our own frequencies.

So here we all are, travelling together, at this time on planet Earth, on a mission of personal empowerment. This is our evolutionary imperative – to grow, to strengthen our frequency, to extend our hidden circle of influence.  At the same time, I think we need to remind ourselves that our lives don’t have to be a grand statement.  If we follow our inner promptings to live an authentic life, take the path with a heart I mean; speak and act with integrity, kindness, compassion, we will emanate a vibratory frequency that helps and heals, in ways we may never know. Our circle will surely ripple far and wide within this web we are all weaving.

Linda George is an writer and astrologer living in New Zealand. She has been deeply involved in astrology, alternative health, spirituality and metaphysics for decades. She has a background in journalism is currently committed to joining with others in ‘spreading the word’ in these waking times. Linda works as an evolutionary astrologer, writer and yoga teacher. Her last book ‘Sun Signs and Soul Mates’ is available on Amazon.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Category: Activism, Community, Contributors, Evolution, Governance, Ideas, Linda George, Revolution, Society

1. abinico warez says:

Circle? I don’t even rate a point. Even my cats ignore me.

• Linda says:

Cats are like that. I have three ( soon to be four) – and yes, to love or ignore, is totally their prerogative. You made me smile – so there – you had an influence!

2. Sherry Sacred Warrior says:

I would like to express sincere gratitude for your article it was very special to me as I am on my private quest to be one with Earth in a sacred relationship. It has been the best part of my life Earth and I along with Body and Spirit just does not get any better then this!
    Peace to you and your partner!

• Linda says:

I really appreciate your kind words Sherry – thank you. I am feeling that way too – I want to be more with the earth – in nature. We need to feel this grounding, earthing, with the planet we live on…..especially as electromagnetic fields are becoming SO pervasive. I think we can protect ourselves by connecting with the earth. We’re on the same quest!

3. Victor Gagnon says:

Consciousness and Energy creates the nature of your reality! Wow what does that mean? Well if you think the way that you write then that will be your reality. Your body will carry those emotions. Not healthy! This is not to make you wrong for the way you think or write but simply to make you aware that you do create your own reality no matter what the world looks like. Remember your reality (your thoughts of what the world is like) belongs to you, you made the decision of how the world is and the whole of the world you cannot change as it is. The physical world belongs to the physical world but how you think about the physical world is your choice, your creation. Be well and do not stop questioning the world for that will be the power within you that will grow. I guarantee it. I am so grateful for these amazing writers who wish to express themselves and to live a life of expression is so powerful. Thank you. You are all one with perfection. If you think like a human then you will die and suffer like a human. Choose how you should think?

4. Linda says:

Thank you Victor for your thoughts. Yes it is true, we are (largely) creating our reality, with our thoughts. But, by virtue of the fact we are human, some suffering is inevitable. We are all going to experience, at some point, loss, grief, sickness, death. As long as we form loving attachments with others, we will suffer (when we lose them). I agree with you though – it is less about our experiences and more about how we perceive these. Yes, we are fortunate to be able to connect with like-minded people, to read, think, question. I wish I could think more positively about what goes on in the world. It just gives me so much pain to see and feel the pain of others. Perhaps not being afraid of the pain of compassion is the answer. Accept it. Accept the situation of the world. As you say – choose how we think. Easier said than done – but so powerful. Thanks for sharing Victor.

• Victor Gagnon says:

I have never been taught that it would be easy and your words resonate with so many that I speak to but if we can’t change than we are stuck to relive our past emotions.
      Thanks so much for your comments. I am grateful

• Victor Gagnon says:

I do agree with you about the suffering? Can our suffering be a life learning experience to change? Do you think you have a choice regarding the pain you have about the outside world? Why do you wish to create pain when you cannot change the outside world? Do you think you have no choice? I am taught that all of our emotions are chemicals that our body creates to give us the experience of that emotion? The problem we humans have is that we wish to hang on to these emotions and then they become tantamount to an addiction. So many will deny this because in that statement I may be making you wrong which is really not my intention.
      These types of sites are here for those who want to share and learn about something they don’t know and when we learn we then have a choice otherwise we simply react. Do you think? I believe an open mind with these sites are very important. Think about your comments and see if you have created a reality? and really not right or wrong. So be it.

• Linda says:

Thanks again Victor. Fascinating stuff. I’ve thought alot about our emotions and the chemical responses in the body that they create (which comes first?) Example, if you have a Saturn transit, you will FEEL your biochemistry change – you will feel a heaviness; neurotransmitters have altered. Do we hang onto these emotions? or do they hang onto us. My mind is open. Yet, I know we have a choice as to how we will ‘work through’ the process. There are techniques we can employ to make the ride smoother – and largely these lie in accepting where we are at. Not hanging on to the feelings, wallowing in them. Rather, acknowledging them and then taking measures to work through the energy… Lots to say – so little time… Thanks again Victor.

5. Linda, your article really resonated with me. I too am a cosmic thinker and would be bored to death in local political meetings. I am not a follower of astrology, but I once had a gynecologist who did my horoscope as she did my pelvic. It said I would live in another country, which has turned out to be true. I am a practitioner of homeopathy, an equally inexplicable science, also based on vibration.
    I am now retired and living in south Italy, and find that I have been doing all the things you recommend to “strengthen our frequency”: spiritual practices, knowledge gathering (truth seeking), spending time alone, being with nature, eating a largely unprocessed diet , drinking pure water, avoiding emf’s as much as possible, and enjoying and making the time for what we know makes us feel good.
    I have written a book called Natural Medicine, which has been in the hands of a major publisher since April, without hearing a word. After reading your article, I decided to stop worrying about it and ask the universe to let the information and guidance within its circle of influence reach and empower those who need in whatever way this may come about.

• Victor Gagnon says:

So feel the Mother earth she is you. Embrace her with all your love and she will guide you. You are special. Please always look that you are one with perfection. The planet needs your kind of love.
      Love yourself into life.

• Linda says:

Wow – thank you Bonnie – I loved reading your words here. So glad you resonated – and clearly, we are on the same wave. I studied naturopathy for years in my 20′s and brought my kids up with the principles of natural healing. (I’ve had a scary weekend with my eldest ending up in hospital – on iv antibiotics – I’ve been giving him mega Vitamin C and other things – he took a turn for a worse yesterday when he came home and I was advised to get him back to hospital – but he wouldn’t go…. anyway…. long story). I would love to get a copy of your book when it comes out. So fingers crossed on that one. Ahhh Italy. I have had past lives there. I went there as a child with my parents and have only been back once (in 2007) – I LOVE everything about Italy. My intention is to get back. You are fortunate to be there. Let’s keep in touch – you never know – our circles may meet up there. Oh, your gynecologist sounds exceptional! You must have a 9th house Sun, and/or Venus in the 9th. Yes, everything is vibration…. astrology, naturopathy, homeopathy…. Thanks for connecting – and all the best with your book!

• Doc Sorebones says:

Hey Linda,give your old Kaikohe lad a call,for all my faults the healing frequencies I channel will help your son…….Paul C.

6. Afshin Nejat says:

This world is being dismantled by Spiritual Powers capable of bringing about a Right Way to all things. This will prove to each and every single mind that several tenets of the “New Age” movement are utterly wrong:

1) the notion that “you create your own reality” and

2) that good and evil are relative terms.

There is one original reality, and “this vine grows not in the Father’s vineyard” and is scheduled very soon to be annihilated

Good and evil are not relative, but rather, “evil” is relative to the good. Good exists independently, evils the dependency which is a parasite attacking and seeking to kill it own host.

That war will soon be resolved. Mark these words for they were spoken by all the real Avatars even though much obfuscation has taken place. Anyone who denies the absolutivity of good and the absolute antivalence between good an evil, is defined AS evil, and is marked for transmutation without ensuing consciousness.

• RA-n says:

You hit the bullseye smackdab in the center there pardner. The new agers and the ideas they purvey are littered with truths and falshoods and information overload has us mezmerized and confused beyond repair in too many cases. What Humans dont realize is that we were mutated from the HU-man Higher universal man long ago by the Annunaki to serve as smart slaves and robots for their every whim. They pared down the DNA to 2 strand from 12 to achieve the lack of consciousness that guaranteed we could never fight back on an even playing field. Not only are we unable to meet them as equals at this point but another negative ET group of renegades from Draco put up a 4th dimensional grid or net around the planet many thousands of years ago to quarantine us and them from discovery by the positives and it STILL holds sway today. This is one of the reasons direct contact isnt made in a great way yet. The positive ETs have injected a virus into the 4th dimmensional network and it is collapsing but rather slower than anticipated. We can transmute our incomplete DNA compliment by taking in more light which is encoded information from source and thus grow back the Junk DNA that is really the stumps of the 10 strands they chopped. We are growing out of our enslavment but are nowhere near being able to defend ourselves from raiders and so a Rescue Mission was created by the Forces of Light from the higher dimensions than 4th that we might be saved from anihilation by the destructive forces of the lower 4th dimensional Annunaki of Niburu. We NEED the Host of God who these higher forces of light are. If people think they can, with their own personal power conquer 12strand DNA 4th dimensional beings they are fooling themselves. But yes there is a rescue mission in effect and every dimension rules the ones below it and so it goes. We cannot fail with the help from above and we shall not. Bullseye Afshin, Cheers RA-n

• Victor Gagnon says:

One of the things that has never been taken away from us and can never be taken away is “free will”.
        Do you agree?

• admin says:

Victor, looking back on my life I see times where my ‘free will’ seems as though it had been completely overcome by my environment, and I really had no idea of what I was doing. Perhaps this could be called lack of purpose or something else, but I definitely feel as though this society had bred me to unknowingly forfeit personal sovereignty and free will, and the journey to regain this has been arduous and amazing.

Regards, and have a beautiful Sunday.

_Admin

• Linda says:

Hell yes Dylan!! Exactly my sentiments. The ‘purpose’ of this whole life thing must be to just that – regaining our free will. What a journey! What a struggle!

• Victor Gagnon says:

I acknowledge you for expanding your thoughts! Expanding our thoughts may create some new and better realities for us
            Cheers

• Linda says:

Much of this is my understanding also RA-n. It’s a huge subject of course. I must send your email to my son, who shares your insight. The ‘host of God’ is an interesting expression. Can you say more on that? It’s sickening isn’t it – we are born here, into this system that was set up long ago specifically to dismantle our power. Don’t you wish you were born on another planet? I frequently do. Creating our own reality can only ever go so far. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts….

• Victor Gagnon says:

Next time you can simply choose another planet but consider all of us here have chosen to be here and especially at this time. You think?

• Victor Gagnon says:

If that is your reality then so be it.

• Linda says:

I’m intrigued Asfhin. Can you tell me more – or direct me to a site to learn more. As an astrologer – I have never been 100% certain we do create our own reality. There are forces stronger than our consciousness. Interesting stuff….

7. paul says:

They are not allowed? to dump fluoride into the sea, but they can put it in our water supply for us to filter, that’s Insanity!
    On a positive note, i never thought things would speed up this quickly in readdressing the Balance.
    Spirit Beings indeed.

8. Felix says:

Dear Linda, thank you very much.
    The whole article also (referring to Bonnie) resonates very much with me and is exactly what I would have liked to put into words if I could.
    Yes, against all odds we have to continue to hope and work for the better. And that “everything happens first, on the invisible, unmanifest level” as you said, gives us courage, endurance and is a good reason for not loosing hope, despite having to cope with so much evil when searching for the truth.
    Joining Sherry “I would like to express sincere gratitude for your article”.

Felix
    From Vienna, Austria, born 1948, living in Japan with my 3rd wife (and 2nd japanese wife) (2+2+3=7 lovely children) and I am so happy that I feel blessed, so it cannot be so wrong what I have done all those years. To give you an idea please have a look at a page I did 4 years ago when my youngest child Olga was born.
    As you can see I have to keep up my optimism and not give up hope for the future of my children and all children.
    And I specially thank you as you do just that: you give us (reasons for) hope.

• Linda says:

Lovely. Thanks so much Felix. I will go to your page next. I just wanted to say thank you for your feedback. And true, we must keep our optimism – and ongoing expressions of gratitude for all that IS good in our lives.

9. Iam says:

Linda,
    Great article! Thanks for sharing!
    There are a lot of us that have experienced the resistence of denial, disinterest and delusion that can and does become disappointment and disaparity for those committed to consciousness and its promotion, especially now. However, “we are many, and they are few.”

• Linda says:

Love that! We must remember that. We are many, they are few. As we know, like you say, getting the ‘many’ to wake up is a different matter! Let’s keep trying!

10. cindy says:

YES, digesting this NEGATIVE AGENDA, can be very disturbing and stress full! But we must find the strength to ADDRESS IT! There are actually many ways to stop this agenda without putting yourself in immediate danger! ALL POSITIVE STEPS WILL HELP!!
    But first you MUST recognize the PROBLEM EXISTS–SO BURYING YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND, will NOT make the problem go away!!
    I personally have had a good life, BUT it is OUR CHILDREN WHO FACE THIS DANGEROUS WRATH!!
    ONCE(IF?) the Cerebral Cortex HAS BEEN CHIPPED, The WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY WILL HAVE PASTED!
    The outcome of our CHILDREN lies in OUR HANDS!!
    We MUST NOT SHRINK FROM OUR RESPONSIBILITY!!

11. Anon says:

Not sure how far MY “sphere of influence” reaches – hopefully, it will reach the required 3-5% of the American population, so that, we can take our country back!

SOLUTIONS (TO PUT INTO ACTION!)

Removing your money out of any TBTF Bank is ONE thing that you can do. However, there are many, many other things that we can all do, too!

Here are just a few:

1) BOYCOTT – learn this concept well, and EMPLOY IT – against those enslaving (or poisoning) you!
    2) THINK for yourself. TURN OFF the IDIOT-BOX (TV) OR THROW IT AWAY! READ! USE YOUR BRAIN MUSCLE!
    3) QUESTION all ‘authority’ (Big Business/Government, Big Religion, Big Media, etc.)
    4) Get out, and/or stay out, of DEBT!
    5) USE CASH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Avoid using credit, debit, and customer loyalty cards, that track your every purchase, and compromise your privacy.
    6) Bank at a local credit union! Or, at a small, unaffiliated local bank.
    7) VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS! (What do you support, with your time, attention, energy, and money?)(Buy true ORGANIC, & MADE IN USA! Let’s put AMERICANS back to work!)
    8) Contact your Representatives on CRITICAL issues: such as “END THE FED!”
    9) Re-read the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. It isn’t about hunting. It’s about government tyranny, and protecting yourself from it!
    10)Buy (products) Made in U.S.A.
    11)Invest in precious metals, primarily SILVER (and gold) bullion, and anything of necessity that can be used as BARTER.
    12)Buy ORGANIC food! Support your local Organic Farmer, food store or Co-op!
    Support the true HEROES of organic food production (on the right side, of the following poster: http://www.cornucopia.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/prop37-poster3.jpeg)
    13)Start your own garden using NON-GMO, non-hybrid seeds!
    14)Pray or meditate – reduce your stress! Stress is the silent killer, that opens your body to bacterial, viral, and free radical attack!
    15)Read a book, you know, an actual book! Open your mind!
    16)Exercise your brain muscle!
    17)Listen to soothing classical, jazz, ambient or other music you thoroughly enjoy!
    18)CUT BACK ON OIL AND GAS CONSUMPTION!
    19)Take a high-quality daily multi-vitamin
    EXPAND UPON THIS LIST, AND SHARE IT WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

12. Linda says:

Yes, yes and yes again! Thanks.

13. Doc Sorebones says:

Linda this is Paul Campbell at Carterton.379-5321 please give me a call.

14. a familiar face says: