With all the negativity happening in the world, it can feel nearly impossible to thrive in such an environment. Each day seems to bring more challenges to survive, more enemies to despise, less freedom to savor, and less money to go around. We face a bombardment of things to fear, which limits our existence.
Indeed, the negative forces may appear to be prevailing.
World events seem quite real, especially if they touch our lives in some significant way, but they are really just happening “out there”. They only affect us if we let them affect us.
The same goes for fear. The fear we feel may seem warranted, but it’s only a feeling happening inside us. Understand that fear prevents us from escaping the cycle of control, and it keeps us paralyzed in the cycle of failure. Yes, there are real monsters with guns, laws that take away freedoms, and genuine economic difficulties. But fear of them is an illusion.
All of the things we complain about that are happening “out there” are out of our control until we can control what’s happening inside us. That starts with controlling our feelings and reactions to outside events. Thus, the only power we have to change these events is by changing ourselves. As such, we each possess immense power.
And it’s simple. It’s just a choice. Will it be economic despair or prosperity for you? Will you be strong and independent, or scared and dependent? It’s your decision, not someone else’s. And it’s time to decide.
Here are five simple steps to regain control of your life:
1. Overcome Fear: As soon as you feel fear, recognize it as only a thought and consciously ask yourself why you’re afraid. Is the cause of fear an immediate threat to your safety or well being? If not, then it is completely illusory and should be discarded. More times than not, we fear things that may happen in the future, but haven’t yet actually happened to us. If we allow this fear to persist, we will likely attract the very things we fear. Push past these thoughts and concentrate, in fact meditate, on exactly the positive things you wish to occur instead of the outcome you dread.
2. Get Educated: They say “Ignorance is bliss.” Well, they’re wrong. Everybody suffers in their own way, but the ignorant tend to complain about more superficial gripes than the informed. Your quest for knowledge may reveal some disturbing truths, but you must understand what you’re up against. The unknown is fearful, but recognizing the pitfalls is empowering. Focus on information that allows you to improve yourself. Become an expert in what you’re passionate about and master the art of capitalizing on your expertise.
3. Get Healthy: You will always be fearful, weak, and dependent if you don’t get healthy. This doesn’t mean you need to become a body builder. And getting healthy isn’t rocket science. We all know what is good or bad for us. The key to getting healthy is to decide to be healthy, commit, and never stop improving. Start by being conscious what you eat and everything you put into your body. When you move your body, move powerfully. Stand up tall. Everywhere you walk, walk briskly and on your toes. Then, keep improving.
4. Set Goals: So many people feel like a victim of circumstance, but when you ask them what their goals are, they give you a blank stare. Goal setting is so vital to taking control of your life. If you don’t know what you want in life, there’s a 100% chance you won’t get it. Again, decide what you want. Write down your goals. Meditate or pray about them. Imagine your life with your goals achieved. Develop a tangible plan to achieve them. When someone asks you what your goals in life are and there is no hesitation in your response, you’ve already gotten them even if they haven’t fully manifested yet.
5. Take Action: Once you’ve shed your fear and decided what you want, taking action only requires one small step forward. Then follow your blueprint toward your goals every minute of every day. When you do this, the universe will bend and cave to your demands and desires. This is the power we all possess if we choose to take control of our lives. Start today!