Censorship Abounds: The Handful of Companies That Control Your Perceptions
Christina Sarich, Staff Writer
Almost all the media channels you watch are controlling your perception of reality – namely to get you to value their commodities (goods and services) instead of yourself and your own morals and values. This affects you at every level, from the food you eat, the friends you are more likely to make, the goods your purchase, and even the careers you choose or education you decide to get. It also affects your self worth as you believe you are only as good as the things you can buy or the ‘hot’ woman you can take out, since sex and money are the primary ways media motivates you. The world has become censored in ways you wouldn’t even imagine in both covert and overt ways. Let’s look at the six major corporations who control every single media station that you probably peruse on a daily basis:
- Comcast – formerly owned by GE, controls MSNBC, NBC and Telemundo
- Disney – controls ESPN, the History Channel, A & E and Lifetime
- Viacom – the parent company of Paramount, BET and MTV
- CBS – and its dozens of affiliates
- Newscorp – controls Fox News, New York Post, Wall Street Journal
- Time Warner – controls CNN, Time, People Magazine and Warner Brothers
Recent egregious, top-down censorship incidents include the following:
- Monsanto threatened Fox investigative reporters, who wanted to out bovine flu, and stated, “We’ll tell you what the news is.”
- ABC was going to air a story on 20/20 about how Disney Land was going to hire pedophiles. The story wasn’t aired because ABC is owned by Disney.
- CNN’s coverage of the deep water horizon oil spill was laughable when just after the coverage aired, there was a commercial for BP Oil, touting the benefits of enjoying wildlife in the Gulf.
These are just a few examples of a rampant and detestable control of your brainwaves, via the air waves. Only 118 people sit on more than 200 media boards that drive most of what you see, hear or look at. So a very small number of people is controlling the media with complete disregard for people and their health and well being.
There are alternative news media outlets that have popped up all over the internet to try to give real facts and not corporate agendas to the people. They include Waking Times, for example, as well as InfoWars, Natural News, Natural Society, DavidIcke’s site, GreenMeInfo, Prevent Disease, Activist Post, and many more.
Some of these sites are heavy on the ‘conspiracy’ theory angle. Others try to offer unbiased news as much as possible, since we all alter ‘information’ based on our own opinions. In the very least, these alternative news sources are not controlled by an elite population of merely 118 people who are essentially running the world through managing our perceptions of it. There is a grand diversity of ideas and interpretations of world events.
If you know of other great alternative news sources that really provide good information and not merely a good brainwashing dosed with a heaping spoonful of propaganda, please list them below.
About the Author
Christina Sarich is a musician, yogi, humanitarian and freelance writer who channels many hours of studying Lao Tzu, Paramahansa Yogananda, Rob Brezny, Miles Davis, and Tom Robbins into interesting tidbits to help you Wake up Your Sleepy Little Head, and See the Big Picture. Her blog is Yoga for the New World. Her latest book is Pharma Sutra: Healing the Body And Mind Through the Art of Yoga.
This article is offered under Creative Commons license. It’s okay to republish it anywhere as long as attribution bio is included and all links remain intact.
~~ Help Waking Times to raise the vibration by sharing this article with the buttons below…