11 Reasons Why the DuPont Corporation is as Evil as Monsanto
Sure, Monsanto is listed as one of the most hated companies on the planet, but what about other biotechnology giants such as DuPont?
This company has been terrorizing the planet for far too long, but they hide easily in Monsanto’s ominous shadow. It’s easy to lose sight of the other companies that are just as responsible for ruining our food supply and contaminating our water, soil, and air, as we just focus on a singular mammoth corporation. But we need to open our eyes to see the entire collection of carnage these companies commit – or to get to know the other rotten apples in the bunch.
DuPont is just as big in genetically-modified seeds and agricultural chemicals, and pursues largely the same policies as Monsanto with respect to pricing, IP enforcement, and other blatant, propagandizing, corporate maneuvers.
Here’s a little lesson in Dupont history. I hope you get to know them better by the time you’ve reached the end of the page.
Getting to Know DuPont
If that isn’t enough reason to put them on your watch list, here are 11 more.
- 1. Every war the United States has fought starting in 1802 with the war against Tripoli (today Ubya) and the Barbary Pirates until the incursion into Somolia this last year, the American military has depended upon DuPont gunpowder.
“Unlike Alfred Nobel, who felt so guilt-ridden about his invention of dynamite and its subsequent use in warfare that he established the Nobel Prizes, the DuPont family was apparently more interested in arranging marriages between cousins to maintain the family fortune.”
- 2. The corporation has also manufactured DDT, PCBs, and Agent Orange, just like Monsanto.
- 3. DuPont developed nylon and polyester which don’t decompose very easily and junk up the planet. These fabrics are considered to be on the top six list of things to avoid wearing.
- 4. The company has also helped to develop nuclear weapons.
- 5. DupPont has dumped carcinogenic chemicals into people’s water supplies repeatedly, and even though they’ve been sued for it multiple times, they continue to do so.
- 6. DuPont helped to develop numerous carcinogenic agricultural products – i.e. pesticides and herbicides.
- 7. Monsanto does indeed spend millions lobbying our government to have their way with our seeds and agriculture, but so does DuPont.
- 8. They spend millions to make sure that GMO labeling initiatives are defeated. Just recently they spent more than $3.2 million to keep Americans from knowing what they are eating.
- 9. Just like Monsanto, they like to sue farmers for patent infringement. They recently won more than $23 million from farmers for just that.
- 10. DuPont shares the GMO corn market with Monsanto. They each own around 36 percent of it.
- 11. DuPont has cornered the GMO soy market, owning more than 37% of it. GMO soy has been linked to infertility, birth defects, and infant mortality, for starters.
The most hated corporation on the planet may deserve some company.
~~ Help Waking Times to raise the vibration by sharing this article with friends and family…